Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th weekend - take one

Well, we definitely had a great holiday weekend.
The weather was perfect to be outdoors and we were 
all ready for some relaxation.
Friday night we had a birthday party for my mom.  The kids
thought she needed red, white and blue balloons since her birthday
is close to America's birthday:)


This is a flag we made her a few years ago for her birthday 


Mack was decorating everything in sight with flags


Nash was even a little patriotic



We hung out on the deck and watched the water


And my dad did a little grilling....my mom likes her hot dogs burnt, but this was a little much!  Whoops



Uncle Ben would not share the balloons with baby Nash:(



The best big brother EVER!


Mack wanted to have a flag parade but they had to practice first


And then they marched.......




The whole fam damily.......
minus Mack who was the photographer, my brother Brandt who's in Canada,
 and his wife Andrea who had to work:(

Then it was time for the cake made by my awesomely talented sister-in-law

They had a little trouble lighting the sparklers in the wind


Got it!


Mom and dad:))






And mom's gift, a picture of the sign we are getting her that will hang at the cabin in Canada


A few of my mom and I




And some firefly catching when we got home




Saturday morning we made red and blue pancakes


And Mack wanted to squeeze lemons to make homemade lemonade



Amelia and I went for pedicures (her first ever, me - I've had a few:))


And then we headed to Brad's sister and brother-in-laws place at Lake (or no lake right now) Delhi.
They had this huge inflatable slide and pool that the kids loved







And the evening ended with s'mores



And that was only the first half of the weekend

To be continued...............



"if our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace" ~~ Hamilton Fish





No comments:

Post a Comment