Saturday, April 30, 2011

windy days are good for something

kite flying!

We live right by a big field that is perfect for 
running and flying kites.






I am so thankful for a day that the kids could be outside all day
playing and using up their energy!
And the kites flew perfectly today, hardly any nosediving



I'd love to know how many calories they burned running around with those kites!




They even let me fly a kite (for about 10 seconds!)


These are my favorites



Seriously, though, is it too much to ask for a little bit of sunshine????

After the kites got tangled and I got frustrated........


we headed out to the river to play at the cabin for a while.
There is a LOT of water and NO sandbar.
Bummer.
We made the most of it though



You never know what these two friends will come up with.....


I think they were having a contest to see who could throw things the furthest into the water


Josef practiced crossing and I practiced (and failed) at pull-ups on the monkey bars.
Maybe after a few more weeks of OXF I'll be able to do at least one pull-up:))


This guy hung out and kept a close eye on everyone



 I love the river and I can't wait for playing in the water, finding treasures on the sandbar, bonfires, grilling out and relaxing in the sun.  Won't be long!


And these guys can't wait either!


What better way to end all this outdoor time then with a big, fat ice cream cone?  
Yummy!
Does it get any better than a twist with sprinkles?
I don't think so!



Happy weekend!



"while we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about" ~~ Angela Schwindt





No comments:

Post a Comment