Friday, March 4, 2011

it's one of those days......

where I'm feeling very sentimental.  I feel the need to soak in every little detail of the kids and engrave it in my memory bank.  There are so many things I don't want to forget. 
 One thing that struck me today is that with my kids being spread out over so many years, they are all learning different things and in different ways.  
It's so fun to spend individual time with each of them and see how they are absorbing knowledge and perceiving life.
Nash just learned to walk and is seeing things in a whole new light.  He is exploring new spaces and getting into things he shouldn't.  But I love to watch him examine the things he finds.....he turns them over and over in his hands and really studies things.  He is really into these flashcards:

These are very cool.....I got them off of Amazon.

Amelia learns by asking LOTS AND LOTS of questions!  The girl doesn't stop talking,  EVER!  But this is how she learns and I am always very patient with her:)  ( I try my hardest!!)




Mack is in kindergarten and it is so unbelievable how they start the year just knowing the letters and by the end of the year they CAN READ!! A couple months ago Mack sat down and started reading "I can read with my eyes shut" .....total shocker to me that he had learned to read so well.  He also learns by observing, and, like his dad, feels the need to take things apart to see how they work.


And Josef is a lot like his older brother.  He loves to read and learns fast.  He's pretty quiet but you know he's soaking everything in. ( He is watching me type and he just said "I see what you're writing and I don't like it - the part about me being quiet") Oh, but you can be loud when you want to be!! 
He is reading chapter books now and doing great in school!


And this one......let me be the first to tell you......this kid is going to go far and do great things.....you heard it here!  He is a fountain of wisdom and teaches me new things all the time.  Lots of words to describe him - I could go on and on.....polite, caring, intelligent, well-rounded, giving....these are a few.  And yes he does exist, even though he won't let me catch him on camera often.  These are the shots I end up with....



But I did get a picture of this.....congrats on the top score in your class on the anatomy and physiology final!!


So I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon sipping my spiced chai tea latte and enjoying my kids unique personalities:))  Happy weekend to all!!


And I am desperately wanting this - it definitely would fit well in our home!

LoveLife

you can check it out here:




"the child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him" -- Pablo Casals




1 comment:

  1. I found the link to your blog from Kelle Hampton's blog "Enjoying the Small Things". Nice to see a fellow Iowan out there blogging.

    ReplyDelete