Friday, March 25, 2011

no school today

meant it was the perfect day to go rent Shay's tux.  And that meant loading up the next three youngest (Nash got to stay home with his cute babysitter Bailey!)
So we roadtripped to Vinton.........if you haven't figured it out, I love Vinton.  A few fun clothing shops, a movie theater, restaurants, a dollar store, a nice park, a good coffee shop, Fareway, Theisens, and a lot of character!
All my pictures were taken on my phone.......Shay didn't want me bringing my camera after I told him I wanted to take a picture of him getting measured for his tux (maybe that is a little much?)
We pulled over to watch the train and, bonus, we got to see a dump truck, too!!


The train blew his whistle and the engineers waved at us!

We headed on to Cameron's where Shay picked out an awesome tux.....can't wait to see him on prom night.  Good thing he doesn't have a date cause all the girls are gonna want to dance with him:))

On to the Pizza Ranch where we got lunch for 5 for $25 - what a deal!  Mack and Shay made the most of the buffet, I think they both went back at least 3 times


Totally negates my gym time:((






And an ultra blurry shot of Shay pushing all three kids through the aisles of Fareway


Next stop was at the dollar store for the kids to spend a few of their own dollars, they each came home with a new bouncy ball.
We made it through the day with minimal fighting and lots of laughs......
I totally will take a roadtrip with those four again!

Hope you all have a great weekend!



"yesterday is history.  tomorrow is a mystery.  and today?  today is a gift.  that's why we call it the present." ~~  Babatunde Olatunji



1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you today and the family, don't seem possible that Shay is going to prom this year. Time flies by so fast.

    ReplyDelete