Monday, May 9, 2011

my day

Since I had to work all weekend, today was my Mother's day!
And I can't complain about working.....I worked alongside the best
nurses and doctors possible!
And lucky for us we had lunch bought for us each day.....
how nice!
I would have loved to be home spending time with my kids and my mom for
mother's day, but I feel fortunate that I was not one of the patients or patient's family
members who couldn't go home at the end of the day like I could.
So today has been a real low-key day.
Dressed up in my signature tank top and sweatpants that
are my favorite for this type of weather


Lots of snuggles with the babe (he looks a little frightened in this photo!)


dinosaur riding....




lots of admiring of the artwork the kids made me








And these cool tiles they painted






Gave my new bag a few kicks, too!


Tried to keep Nash up so him and Amelia would nap at the same time....
I failed.



Their naps did overlap enough that I got a little nap, too:))

The best part of the day, though, the part that had Shay tripping over himself to get up the stairs when the aroma hit him walking through the front door......
rhubarb crisp!!!




I'm telling you now, it doesn't get much better than rhubarb crisp!

And of course I folded about ten loads of laundry, but overall it's been a relaxing day!
I'm getting geared up to start week 4 of OXF tonight.....can't wait!!

Happy week to you all!!



"there's a lot more to being a woman than being a mother, but there's a hell of a lot more to being a mother than most people suspect" ~~ Roseanne Barr








2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day, Alissa! Love your tank top by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a pretty awesome {belated} Mother's Day! And is it terrible that I'm feeling a little better about myself since I'm sitting here wearing your signature outfit too?? I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete